HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
Level: 1
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:18 pm

If you haven't read the most recent BWU, go do it.

They're done, for sure. Not that they were showing much care before, but the realization is hard. The matter which they're "leaving" is disgusting, aswell.

"Yeah, thanks for 10 years of fun and all, but we never gave a fuck about the fate of Reach. 343, you can have 'em. Thanks for your money, community!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wunderkind37211
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:03 am

I'd go read it, but for some reason, my computer won't let me on Bungie >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jv100

PostSubject: Re: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:48 am

[no comment]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamieMin0r
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

PostSubject: Re: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:30 am

Quote :
"Though I have this space permanently reserved for cheap, easy, and mostly failed attempts at humor (and far less frequently, healthy doses of rich and creamy project news), today I’m kicking us off with something serious. Again.

Yeah, I know. “Boo this man.” But in the wake of the launch (and fall) of Halo: Reach and the more recent DLC rumblings out of our friends in Redmond, some players have begun to suspect that Bungie’s time with the Halo franchise has now officially come to a close.

It hasn't.

But although those players are jumping to conclusions, they are not landing too far from the mark. We are now beginning to shift gears into what could potentially be an awkward transitional period for all parties involved – kinda like that time you and Dad had The Talk™. So let’s start clearing some stuff up.

Stuff Bungie is Not Doing

We are not building map packs for Halo: Reach and we’re not working on any engine modifications, with code pressed tightly to metal.

Stuff Bungie is Doing

We’re still here supporting Halo: Reach until Microsoft takes the reins. As phases of the transition (which is already underway) unfold we’ll continue to work with Microsoft and 343 Industries to ensure the handoff requires as little brainpower from you as possible, and as we nail down significant dates we’ll hammer home your expectations in kind. Rest assured all sides are working diligently to make sure the transition experience is as awesome as possible.

Questions about the Defiant Map Pack have already been delivered to Top Men at Certain Affinity with hopes that they will be returned with answers that satiate your craving for the in-depth insider information you’ve become accustomed to. We also hear that there are some additional assets being prepared to give you a behind the scenes peak at the production and design of the three new spaces, but since we’re not beneath that particular circus tent I’m not going to speak out of turn and drop any dates or times for you. You’ll have to make due, as per usual, with “soon.”

You can also expect us to continue infusing Halo: Reach’s online game with plentiful playlist additions and upgrades, the best community-crafted maps we can get our hands on, and some outstanding community contests and events that we’ll start talking more about in the weeks and months ahead. If you’ve been riding the Bungie ride for a good number of years, you already know the drill. The days and months ahead hold a ton of surprises, so stick around – we don’t plan on going out with a whimper.

TL;DR Version

We love you
We’re still supporting Halo: Reach
We’re working with 343 Industries to make the eventual support transition as seamless as possible
There are good times ahead for our community"

You can't expect Bungie to keep working on that game when they probably need to get a move on with their new one. If a just as qualified team can take care of most of it, why not? I'd take 343 over Bungie any day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damnedphysics.aforumfree.com
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:18 am

I thought that Bungie wouldn't go out with a whimper. I'd be fine if they left with a title update, but they're throwing a huge weight on 343's shoulders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamieMin0r
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

PostSubject: Re: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:34 am

Zapzap09 wrote:
I thought that Bungie wouldn't go out with a whimper. I'd be fine if they left with a title update, but they're throwing a huge weight on 343's shoulders.

Not really. They've had ages to get to know how Reach works, it's not like they have all these new responsibilities that they don't know what to do with, they've been training their employees on this. They knew that they were going to be involved in it. Anyway, Bungie did say that they're still adding some stuff, but not major stuff such as map packs and title updates.
Back to top Go down
Stones
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

PostSubject: Re: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Meh, as far as I'm concerned this doesn't bother me. I haven't read the update but if I'm getting the correct gist, pushing Reach out on an ice-flow to die is fine with me. Twas fun at the start, but now I can't stand it. Even CoD has lost its appeal. I need a new FPS to get me back into gaming because my interest is fading fast. Six months from now I'll be in post-secondary and prolly won't bring my box with me unless something revives my interest in gaming. I don't really see anything good on the horizon in FPS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kakachur

PostSubject: Re: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Meh, Years from now I'll be bored of Reach and will have retreated back into Halo 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BadCompany Brik
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:16 am

I have confidence in 343, Defiant looks great, and they're stacked with a bunch of old Bungie employees (and them leaving might be the very reason Bungie has become a bit stale, which would mean that 343 will have improved as much as Bungie seems to have gotten worse.) Honestly, I don't see why Bungie just removes some of the things people complain about. The Cage sucks? Take it out of MM. Armor Lock is OP? Just remove it from the multiplayer experience. I don't see the problem...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:19 am

BadCompany Brik wrote:
I have confidence in 343, Defiant looks great, and they're stacked with a bunch of old Bungie employees (and them leaving might be the very reason Bungie has become a bit stale, which would mean that 343 will have improved as much as Bungie seems to have gotten worse.) Honestly, I don't see why Bungie just removes some of the things people complain about. The Cage sucks? Take it out of MM. Armor Lock is OP? Just remove it from the multiplayer experience. I don't see the problem...
Yes, I agree 100%. Also, according to recent interviews for the Defiant ViDoc, Certain Affinity is in a full partnership with 343i in Reach. That means CA and 343 will be able to ship us out stuff twice as fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamieMin0r
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

PostSubject: Re: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:47 pm

I LOVE 343.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Olympicwolf
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:30 pm

BadCompany Brik wrote:

Well since there's an acheivement for using Armor Lock in matchmaking I think taking it out of matchmaking is out of the question. Some playlists maybe, but completely, no. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.   

Back to top Go down

So, Bungie has officially kicked us to the curb.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Damned Physics :: Gaming :: Halo-
Jump to: