HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Qualien

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Zap, I told you you needed to edit your character..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
Level: 1
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Alright, updated. Tell me if theres stuff I still need to add or change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qualien

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:06 pm

First off, you need to add limitations to your powers, so you can't use your shield/teleporter all the time. Also, are you sure you want your weapon power to be that? I would make it something more offensive...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wunderkind37211
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:41 pm

I'd be an evil person, but I know close to nothing about minecraft >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:45 pm

I'll be evil, but only because I have some ideas for how I could manipulate the plot with it.

Name: Yuri Asuka
Alignment: Evil
Weapon: Rapier. It holds the power to control time within a limited range. For example, time can be slowed or frozen for a second or two, or jumped backwards by a few seconds, but only a few seconds. This frozen time also cannot be used to kill the enemy while they are frozen.
Armor: No real armour involved.
Personality: Quiet and subdued, and acts in ways that are unexpected given the circumstance. While he does aid the darkness, he does so only as he sees fit, rather than unconditionally, thus, his motives are somewhat unclear. He does not make much of his personal life or history known, but does occasionally disappear and reappear later. In short, he is a mysterious character.
Appearance: Human. Medium length black hair. Wears a long black coat, which has a large collar and cuffs, with a black waistcoat and a white shirt, all with intricate designs. He also wears close-fitting black trousers, with large, black leather boots. He is medium height and has very pale blue eyes. His movements tend to be very precise and elegant.
Other: No, not really. The rest of his character will be revealed as time goes on.

Sorry for the slightly non-minecraft description, but I just visualised this character, and thought he would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hoeloe.newgrounds.com/
Qualien

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:39 pm

First off, the RP isn't completely Minecraft.. ._. People keep thinking that..
Second, no time powers. It would just be too complicated...
Third, I am going to make a rule that states YOU MUST HAVE ARMOR. That also means get some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:33 am

Would it be simpler if I altered the power so that instead of actual time control, he can simply use it to move extremely fast for a couple of seconds? So it's effectively a short-range teleport. I'll have a look at armour as well.
Back to top Go down
Olympicwolf
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:54 pm

So, when are we going to start this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Olympicwolf wrote:
So, when are we going to start this?
Tell me too! No pressure, or anything.

I think it'd help if we had more members. My recruiting "efforts" have only gotten us like, 3 people. If any of you guys feel that you can perhaps get us some members, go ahead and do so. I've got banned from 3 different sites just for spamming our site. It's obvious that's not the right method to gain members. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qualien

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Oh, sorry people. School has been a bitch. You can start whenever. Just wake up someplace or something.
@Hoeloe Yeah, that's fine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Okay, so:

Name: Yuri Asuka
Alignment: Evil
Weapon: Rapier. It holds the power to control time within a limited range. For example, time can be slowed or frozen for a second or two, or jumped backwards by a few seconds, but only a few seconds. This frozen time also cannot be used to kill the enemy while they are frozen.
Armor: Armour is limited to steel shoulder plates and steel boots. His armour is minimal to allow for maximum mobility.
Personality: Quiet and subdued, and acts in ways that are unexpected given the circumstance. While he does aid the darkness, he does so only as he sees fit, rather than unconditionally, thus, his motives are somewhat unclear. He does not make much of his personal life or history known, but does occasionally disappear and reappear later. In short, he is a mysterious character.
Appearance: Human. Medium length black hair. Wears a long black coat, which has a large collar and cuffs, with a black waistcoat and a white shirt, all with intricate designs. He also wears close-fitting black trousers. He is medium height and has very pale blue eyes. His movements tend to be very precise and elegant.
Other: No, not really. The rest of his character will be revealed as time goes on.

Is that satisfactory?

Also, I may not be overly active in this, due to important stuff going on in life over the next few months. This is part of my reasoning for making a character who can disappear for seemingly random intervals without messing up any sort of story.
Back to top Go down
Qualien

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Yeah, accepted. I'll just edit the weapon power for you. Be sure not to leave people hanging in conversations if you have to leave!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olympicwolf
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Guess I'll start since this thread is pretty much forgotten.

The sun steadily rose in into the sky, heralding what appeared to be another unassuming day. After a long night romping through the forest, Jedy had climbed into a tree, planning on a long mid-morning nap. He had nearly drifted to sleep, when the sound of stomping boots awoke him. "Have they no sense of stealth, some people are trying to sleep" Jedy thought to himself. Nevertheless, he was actually glad and intrigued at the interuption, perhaps this day would be interesting after all. In the distance he spotted two figures. Partially blinded from the glare of the rising sun, he couldn't get a good look at them; but based on the shouts now emanating from them, they appeared to be arguing. A chilled breeze blew against Jedy's back. As he was relishing the refreshing coolness, a small squeak sounded to his right. The wind had startled a baby bird nested in an adjacent branch. Slowly Jedy reached out and cupped his hand over the nest, shielding the baby from the wind. Calmly he thought "Hush now little one, sleep and conserve your strength. Your mother will return soon". As if it could hear this, the young bird borrowed into it's downy nest, before falling into a blissful slumber. As Jedy turned his attention back to the travelers, he noticed they had stopped arguing. In fact they seemed to be staring in his direction with weapons drawn. Was the cry of a baby bird really enough to alert them? Or was something else afoot? Jedy reached for his dagger. Either way, this day was about to get very interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Activity definitely has not been up lately. Me and Jamie have been incredibly busy. Don't lose hope, if you're thinking it. I've got some plans to try and spark some life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olympicwolf
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Not losing hope, I just had a good idea how to start this story off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spud Nuggits
Novice
Novice

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Im still here!

Morning. Nzte never enjoyed mornings. They were always dimly lit, as if the sun couldn't decide what time of day it was. Nzte hates indecisive things. Nothing ever happened during mornings, bar the Siege on Caelon. That was a good morning. His robes would always get damp, and never get dry again until late afternoon.

Nzte awoke under a small birch tree. He was baffled as to how this occurred, seeing as he had fallen asleep at a nice inn in a small village. Immediately upon waking up, he noticed two things that were rather unusual. One: A strange man sitting in a tree doing something with a birds nest, and two: A rather large beaver pointing at him several feet away. He decided to ignore the man in the tree and investigate the strange beaver.

However, curiosity overcame Nzte as he glanced back in the direction of the man in the tree. He quickly noticed a pair of men looking directly at the mysterious tree man with their weapons drawn. "The beaver can wait," Nzte said to himself. "This may turn out very interesting."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olympicwolf
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Suddenly, one of the men shout "You might as well come out, it's no use hiding! We can smell the bacon you stole from us!". Jedy thinks back two nights ago to the camp he raided. He jumps from the tree and responds "Aye, and you're lucky I didn't kill you in your sleep after the way you massacred those farmers to get that food!". Now that he has a good look at them, Jedy sees that one is armed with a rusty long sword and the other with a bow. He thinks of his sword still sitting in the tree, and inwardly seethes, roundly cursing the infernal sunlight that blinded him earlier.
The swordsmen shouts back "Well see whose lucky when you meet the same fate as them!" and charges. Jedy blocks the first swing with his dagger and swings out with his walking stick, striking the man on the leg. He hears a twang and brings up his arm just in time to deflect an arrow that would have pierced his chest. Jedy sees the archer begin to load a second arrow, only to be tackled by a gray sheet that comes out of nowhere. Jedy parries a blow and risks a second glance. What appeared to be a sheet is actually a man entirely covered in a gray cloak and wielding... A burrito?! As he blocks another blow Jedy decides questions can wait. He kicks the swordsman back. Raising his sword above his head, he charges forward. As he swings downward Jedy dodges to the left, simultaneously swinging his walking stick. With a resounding 'CRACK' the length of wood strikes the swordsman's head, rendering the him unconsious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spud Nuggits
Novice
Novice

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:07 pm

It appeared to Nzte that these men intended to harm the mysterious tree person. So, he decided to act. Acting was fun.

A few feet of running, the start of a dive, and a burst of energy from his harness later, Nzte was in the midst of the fray, flying into a man hold in an archer. He quickly rose, and rose his hand into the air, expecting to let out a burst of shadow from his staff.

Nothing.

He looked at his hand, wondering what was wrong with his staff. He quickly realized that, in his haste, he drew his trusty beef burrito instead of his shadow staff. He angrily threw his burrito at the head of the swordsman, hitting him just before he fell unconscious. He quickly drew his staff and unleashed a burst of shadow, blinding the archer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olympicwolf
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:04 pm

As the swordsman slumps to the ground, a burrito flies into his face, delivering the final blow. "What the-" Jedy exclaims. He turns to see the stranger has now drawn a wonderous gem studded staff. Jedy shields his eyes as the archer is struck by a burst of shadow. Turning around, Jedy runs back to the tree. He looks up and sees the handle of his sword. Aiming carefully, he throws his dagger at it. The dagger strikes true and knocks the sword off balance from the branch it sat upon. Jedy catches it as it falls to earth. He turns around and now finds the archer fumbling about blindly in front of the stranger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spud Nuggits
Novice
Novice

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Nzte turns to see the mysterious tree man catching his sword. But that wasn't important. What was important was taking care of this archer before he could do anything.

Nzte took a step back and pointed his staff at the archer. He began to focus his energy into the enchanted wooden rod. This was going to be big. A massive bolt of lighting. Enough volts to kill twenty men 100 times over. This would work, and Nzte knew it. That archer would be no more.

In the end, he shot a tiny spark.

The spark was enough to light the archer's clothing on fire, burning him to death slowly and painfully. However, it was not nearly as epic of a win as Nzte wanted, and he was disappointed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olympicwolf
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:53 am

Jedy watches as the cloaked man raises his staff a second time and sets the archer ablaze. As he is enveloped by the flames, the archer writhers on the ground, screaming in agony. Though Jedy admits death was no less than what these murderers deserved, the manner in which they met their demise brings him no pleasure. One being burned alive, the other felled by a burrito. Even gray cloak seems disheartened by the way the battle played out. Pausing briefly to retrieve the burrito, Jedy quietly walks to the burning man, who is now coughing hoarsely and feebly rolling on the ground in a vain attempt to extinguish the inferno that has engulfed his body. With a flick of his sword Jedy beheads the pitiful soul, bringing a swift end to his suffering. Jedy then turns and offers the burrito to the cloaked stranger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spud Nuggits
Novice
Novice

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:29 pm

"Thanks," Nzte responded to the mysterious tree man. "Who are you and what did you do to get those two pissed off? Im Nzte, by the way. Nzte began slowly pacing and looking up at the sky.
\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olympicwolf
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:26 pm

"Names Jedy," Jedy replies "Jedy Harremy. I came here from the old forest to the west. About a four days ago I came across a small farm. The family that lived there were very kind, and treated me to a nice dinner while allowing me to stay the night. I had continued on my travels until two nights ago. As the sun set I heard screams and saw an ominous red glow in the distance. I backtracked quickly, but I was too late. Those two marauders had already burned the farm, butchered the livestock, hung the farmers in the trees, and generally made a mess of the place. It was midnight, so the murderers were asleep. I considered avenging the farmers there and then, but it didn't feel right to kill a sleeping opponent. So instead I decided to make sure they would not gain anything from this massacre. I stole all their ill-gotten goods, mostly food, and what I couldn't carry, I threw in the fire or otherwise destroyed. I then moved on while covering my tracks. It was a sheer accident that they managed to find me. If the wind hadn't changed direction, they likely would have passed by without a clue." Jedy pauses a moment and gazes at the clouds above, that were now racing by at an unusual pace. "Anyways, what brings you to this part of the forest Nzte?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spud Nuggits
Novice
Novice

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:42 pm

"I honestly have no idea," Nzte replied. "I had intended to go to Saldikord to help them with a zombie problem, and stopped at an inn in a small town called Anatevka to rest. When I woke up I was under that tree over there."

He gestured towards the tree, and then remembered the strange pointing beaver. He looked around and noticed it perched up on a tree nearby. "YOU!" He cried out as he rushed toward the tree. He quickly climbed the tree, picked up the beaver by its waist, and planted it firmly on his left shoulder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olympicwolf
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:20 pm

"This Nzte is truly an odd fellow." Thinks Jedy to himself as he watches in bewilderment as Nzte places a rather large beaver on his shoulder. "So... uh... What's with the beaver?" Jedy asks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]   

Back to top Go down

[First RP! :D] The Darkness That Lurks.. (ACCEPTING![Minecraft-esque!]) [NEW RULE!]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next