PostSubject: This is now about COD    Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:49 pm

MW3? Black Ops.? Infinity Ward or Trearch? your thoughts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stones
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

PostSubject: Re: This is now about COD    Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:48 pm

I enjoy Black Ops immensely. They've really brought the series somewhere in my opinion. Last chance has at least been "fixed".

On that note, my dwindling interest in gaming means I'll probably not buy the next CoD unless they get rid of under-barrel grenade launchers, last stand, ghost and RCs. Bring back the predator!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
Level: 1
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: This is now about COD    Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:51 pm

It may sound biased, but I despise every single Call of Duty installment other than the second game. I've just never been a fan of the mechanics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: This is now about COD    Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 pm

I'm gonna just leave this here...

Seriously, though, shooters have taken a huge decline. I used to have a lot more fun with them back when we had classics like Goldeneye, the first Halo game, Medal of Honour and even some of the old CoD games. I find the new ones tedious, repetitive and downright boring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hoeloe.newgrounds.com/
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: This is now about COD    Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
I'm gonna just leave this here...

Image Removed

Seriously, though, shooters have taken a huge decline. I used to have a lot more fun with them back when we had classics like Goldeneye, the first Halo game, Medal of Honour and even some of the old CoD games. I find the new ones tedious, repetitive and downright boring.

This, 100%.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: This is now about COD    Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:05 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hoeloe.newgrounds.com/
mr_meowmeow
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

PostSubject: Re: This is now about COD    Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 pm

That's why ima gonna try bulletstorm. It sees like it will have a nice, long, campaign.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BadCompany Brik
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: This is now about COD    Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:10 pm

They're MP games, complaining about their campaign is meaningless and completely missing the points. The campaigns are just there because they would get bad press if they weren't.

Edit: Forgot my own opinion. Black Ops is a big step forward for the MP. It's basic gameplay is fast paced, and if you have a problem with that, okay, but the game itself is good. It shines when you get a good lobby, and it's not that hard to accomplish that if you want to spend a bit of time going to forums and adding people to your friend's list.

Also zombies is the best survival mode of any game to date that I've seen. Definitely the best that comes with matchmaking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wunderkind37211
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: This is now about COD    Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:45 am

mr_meowmeow wrote:
That's why ima gonna try bulletstorm. It sees like it will have a nice, long, campaign.
My stepdad's playing this. I heard the campaign is kinda short though. But then again, that was IGN, so it may be inaccurate. >.>

It's really good, from what I've seen. The only real problem I've seen with it is that it takes FOREVER for you to find new weapons other than the standard assault rifle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teh puma
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Character sheet
Name: Puma of Legend
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: This is now about COD    Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Teh puma enjoys Blops almost as much as he enjoyed CoD4, he doesn't know why anyone hates it so much. Maybe because he hasn't really LOOKED into it's problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phaazoid

PostSubject: Re: This is now about COD    Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:22 am

want a good FPS campaign? play metroid prime 1. amazing game. incredible world, with great graphics for its time. larger than life boss battles. a good mix of action and puzzle. and a storyline with depth, scanning actually uncovers the history of the planet.

want some multiplayer action? black ops is less broken, but lacks the oomph of MW2. I still prefer MW2. it's just... more. they stripped a lot of features from it for black ops to fix the game, but kept underbarrel grenade launchers? the stoner? and the shotguns are now just shitty. idk, I've always <3 shotguns of any kind, but black ops shotguns suck.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stones
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

PostSubject: Re: This is now about COD    Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:36 am

phaazoid wrote:
underbarrel grenade launchers? the stoner? and the shotguns are now just shitty. idk, I've always <3 shotguns of any kind, but black ops shotguns suck.

Grenade launchers are deffinitely a mistake, but what's wrong with the stoner? I find it to be a very balanced gun. Shit terrible hip firing, clunky iron sights and a smallish magazine make up for its fire power and rate.

Also, if you havent tried the silenced Spas 12, there's your problem. FANTASTIC weapon. Throw on lightweight, marathon and steady aim and you'll easily get 25 kills in TDM on Summit. Strangely, I've been using the masterkey a lot too. You'd think it's a horrible weapon, but with sleight of hand my K/D with it is like 1.5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is now about COD    

Back to top Go down

This is now about COD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Damned Physics :: Gaming :: Miscellaneous-
Jump to: