HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiger21

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Looks fantastic Proloe! i might give it a try
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
Level: 1
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:05 pm

Hoeloe, I've found success! I downloaded your Minecraft.jar file, and it works for me!

Jamie did this for me a while ago with the MoCreatures mod. I don't know why, but I guess something is up with my laptop. I should try it on my desktop...

But anyways, to play this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiger21

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:47 am

well, I downloaded it and I really like it. It seems that Iron and coal are a bit more plentiful. I think some of the new ores need to become more easy to find because I cant find much even at level 28. I need more ore to build some of the new things
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:11 am

Tiger21 wrote:
well, I downloaded it and I really like it. It seems that Iron and coal are a bit more plentiful. I think some of the new ores need to become more easy to find because I cant find much even at level 28. I need more ore to build some of the new things

Yeah, I made Iron more common, and Coal relinquishes multiple items (as does Diamond). I need to make Bornite and Brimstone a little more common. Especially Bornite, since all the Steam Punk stuff revolves around that. I'm going to keep Phosphate Ore and Uranite pretty rare, though. And Volucite needs to remain very difficult to get hold of, simply because of the massive rewards it brings.

To be nice, I'll give you the values for the new ores:

Brimstone can be found below level 64 and has a probability of 8
Bornite can be found below level 36 and has a probability of 10
Phosphate Ore can be found below level 36 and has a probability of 3
Uranite can be found below level 8 and has a probability of 2
Volucite can be found between levels 8 and 16 and has a probability of 1

For comparison, Diamond has a probability of 1, Gold has a probability of 2 and Coal has a probability of 20.

Last edited by Hoeloe on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hoeloe.newgrounds.com/
Tiger21

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:14 am

i found quite a bit of phosphate ore at level 30ish. Thanks for the levels :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:17 am

Tiger21 wrote:
i found quite a bit of phosphate ore at level 30ish. Thanks for the levels :)

Phosphate Ore may be rare, but it's found in quite large veins so that you have enough to make torches with. :D
Back to top Go down
Tiger21

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:19 am

yeah the veins are pretty big. are any other uses for phosaphate besides the torches. Also, on the brown furnace, is it brick or something else
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:34 am

Tiger21 wrote:
yeah the veins are pretty big. are any other uses for phosaphate besides the torches. Also, on the brown furnace, is it brick or something else

The "brown" Furnace is a Steam Furnace made from Brass. Brass is made by combining Purified Copper and an Iron Ingot. There are currently 2 uses of Phosphorus. They can be used as torches (which are a life saver in mining, because they shed a lot more light, meaning you need fewer torches to light an area) and also as fuels in a Chemical Furnace.

I hope to use it in more stuff later. Might even allow you to craft Glowstone Dust with it, if I feel so inclined.
Back to top Go down
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:52 pm

I love what you're doing. I've been looking all over the place for Volucite, but haven't found any yet. I'm not sure how you programmed it, but is it more or less rare when closer to water, lava, etc?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Zapzap09 wrote:
I love what you're doing. I've been looking all over the place for Volucite, but haven't found any yet. I'm not sure how you programmed it, but is it more or less rare when closer to water, lava, etc?

I think the game is programmed so that all ores are slightly more common near lava. Volucite is very rare, but you're more likely to find it in caves from personal experience.
Back to top Go down
mr_meowmeow
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:00 pm

HAHAHA. I'VE FOUND A FULL 6 VOLUCITE!!!! ^-^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:59 pm

WHO'S READY FOR AN UPDATE?!?

I did a bit more work, and I have these NEW SCREENSHOTS to show for it!

Buckle up guys! Here we go! Today's update is all about decoration! Gotta keep the aesthetic vibe going, right?

Here is a beautiful sight! It's a golden tree! And it's... emitting light? Wait a minute... It's made of METAL!

That's right, you can now craft Brass Logs and Illuminated Brass Leaves as a decorative measure, and as a fancy lighting source. These don't grow in the wild, obviously, so you have to craft them from scratch.

These aren't the only new lighting source, though. We now have Lamp Blocks! These produce slightly less light than Glowstone, but more than your ordinary Torch. Mostly, these are there simply for decorative purposes, since they do look kind of nice.

Now we come to the piece de la resistance. This was a bit of a pain to code, but I introduce to you: The Chisel!

It may not look like much, but craft certain blocks with a Chisel, and it will result in an Engraved Block. These are essentially the same as the normal blocks, but have a design carved into them!

Added to that, the Chisel will NOT get used up in the crafting process! Instead, it will take damage. It can carve a maximum of 32 blocks before it breaks.

The Engraved Blocks can be used for some rather interesting decorative pieces, a quick example being the structure shown here.

Chisels can engrave more or less any kind of Ore Block, from a Block of Iron to a Block of Diamond, and even a Block of Volucite! You can also reverse the engraving process by putting an Engraved Block into a furnace.

And that's about it for this update! Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Shiny, metal trees... Shocked

So, how do? Do I have to download something, or will it automatically update? Because I can't download the mods...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Zapzap09 wrote:
Shiny, metal trees... Shocked

So, how do? Do I have to download something, or will it automatically update? Because I can't download the mods...

No update in the download yet, sorry! I'll update a downloadable version when I have a bit more, and after the 1.5 release.
Back to top Go down
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Ooooooooh, yeah, forgot about that. Don't rush anything! I mean, I personally can't download it anyways...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:03 pm

MORE UPDATE YOU SAY?

Today's update is a few bits and bobs I've been working on. Lets dive straight in!

Here we have the Spanner. This item works very similarly to the Chisel, but is for a completely different purpose.

This item can be crafted with damaged Weapons and Tools to completely repair them.

It takes damage as it does so, though. It can repair a maximum of 3 items before breaking. Repairing a non-damaged weapon will not cause it any damage (why you would want to do that is beyond me)

Next up we have the Battery. This is a block that sends power to wires no matter what. It may seem pretty pointless now, but it will have it's uses.

Better than the Battery, though, is this baby. This is a Tesla Coil, and it does something really special.

The Tesla Coil will transmit power in the direction it faces only. Put a Tesla Receiver within 5 blocks, and it will emit power in the same way as the Battery! ...But wait... that doesn't look like Redstone Wire...

...And it's not! This is the new look of Copper Wire! When inactive, it's a deep orange colour, just as Copper should be, but give it power, and it lights up a bright electric blue!

And that's about it! Be sure to check back for more updates!

Last edited by Hoeloe on Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:14 pm

What happens if you use a Spanner on a Spanner? o.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Zapzap09 wrote:
What happens if you use a Spanner on a Spanner? o.o

Nothing. Spanners cannot repair tools such as the Chisel, Spanner or Flint and Steel.
Back to top Go down
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Ahh, alright. I thought I discovered a game-breaking paradox that would result in the death of my computer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:37 am

ALL YOUR UPDATE ARE BELONG TO US!

Let's get straight into it shall we?

First off, YET ANOTHER ORE. What could it possibly be?

It sends out electrical sparks when hit...

...And drops a white crystal when it's broken. It's Quartz! And it's used for crafting all sorts of electrical gadgets!

Most notably, it's used for crafting Batteries, as we can see here.

And on the subject of electricity, the Tesla Receiver now looks a little different, and is a little more useful.

It can now send current to a lot more places, allowing it to be much more useful. It will also not block wires moving upwards to the next level. As well as this, it will force BLOCKS on any side of it to conduct electricity, allowing wires to be placed up to one block asunder from it while still receiving power.

Now, the perceptive of you will have noticed a strange looking block in my inventory during these screenshots. These are Slate Tiles, and are a new half-block crafted using Flints (which can now be crafted by smelting gravel).

You can also craft "slopes" and full blocks from Flints, but the full block can also be made by placing two half-blocks.

And those who are VERY perceptive will have noticed a new block in those last couple of screenshots too! It's a Stone Brick block. It is crafted by using a chisel with a block of smooth Stone, and it gives a neater effect than Cobblestone. As well as this, Stone Bricks and smooth Stone can now be made into stairs!

Here is an example of some of these new blocks together to make a house!

And that's it for today!
Back to top Go down
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:00 pm

I definitely think that this mod has some serious potential. Hoeloe, have you been showing this other, more mainstream places? I tell you, with every update, it just gets better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:05 pm

I have a topic on minecraftforum.net. It currently has over 3500 views and 136 responses (including many of mine). All but one or two of the comments have been positive.
Back to top Go down
JamieMin0r
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:45 am

This deserves much more credit than than. I think you should continue modding, build a reputation. Your work is a lot more 'clean' than a lot of other modders.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damnedphysics.aforumfree.com
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:11 pm

I agree with Jamie.

But alas, the 1.5 update wiped SteamCraft away from me. D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Zapzap09 wrote:
I agree with Jamie.

But alas, the 1.5 update wiped SteamCraft away from me. D:

Downgrade your client?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   

Back to top Go down

Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next