Share | 

Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:52 pm

Current Version: 0.1

DOWNLOAD HERE:
1.5_01
1.4_01

Older Versions:
0.0.1:
1.4_01

Expansion Packs:
Glimmar Pack (Texture Pack)

This is a 32x32 HD Texture Pack created by Glimmar and modified to fit the new Steamcraft items and objects. Requires a HD texture pack fix. The original texture pack for vanilla Minecraft can be found here.

--------------------

A list of all the extra IDs used in this mod can be downloaded from here

Hey guys, I thought I'd post on here the very first screenshots of my Steamcraft mod. The idea is to give Minecraft a steampunk feel. I don't have much now, but I'll be updating this thread to show the latest works.

Latest Progress:
-3 new Furnace types
-Brass Logs and Illuminated Brass Leaves can now be crafted
-Lamp Blocks introduced
-Chisels can be used to engrave blocks and make them more decorative

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Glimmar Pack:
Spoiler:

LATEST UPDATE:

First off, YET ANOTHER ORE. What could it possibly be?

It sends out electrical sparks when hit...

...And drops a white crystal when it's broken. It's Quartz! And it's used for crafting all sorts of electrical gadgets!

Most notably, it's used for crafting Batteries, as we can see here.

And on the subject of electricity, the Tesla Receiver now looks a little different, and is a little more useful.

It can now send current to a lot more places, allowing it to be much more useful. It will also not block wires moving upwards to the next level. As well as this, it will force BLOCKS on any side of it to conduct electricity, allowing wires to be placed up to one block asunder from it while still receiving power.

Now, the perceptive of you will have noticed a strange looking block in my inventory during these screenshots. These are Slate Tiles, and are a new half-block crafted using Flints (which can now be crafted by smelting gravel).

You can also craft "slopes" and full blocks from Flints, but the full block can also be made by placing two half-blocks.

And those who are VERY perceptive will have noticed a new block in those last couple of screenshots too! It's a Stone Brick block. It is crafted by using a chisel with a block of smooth Stone, and it gives a neater effect than Cobblestone. As well as this, Stone Bricks and smooth Stone can now be made into stairs!

Here is an example of some of these new blocks together to make a house!

This is my first mod, and I'm not very experienced with Java, but I do have quite a background with C syntax, so I think I can manage this okay. I'm up for suggestions or anything though, and I may be in need of some help further down the line. That's all for now, keep checking back for updates!

Last edited by Hoeloe on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 25 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hoeloe.newgrounds.com/
JamieMin0r
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Good. Very good. Too bad I dislike steampunk.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damnedphysics.aforumfree.com
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:28 pm

NEW ITEM! Light Bulbs!

They are used to craft Electric Lamps, and I may well find more uses for them later!

Electric Lamps are reasonably costly to craft at the moment, as you will see in the following screenshots.

Light Bulbs are crafted using Glass, Copper Wire and an Iron Ingot.

Electric Lamps can be crafted using Lightbulbs! (This image was uploaded using Imageshack due to servimg being annoying)

JamieMin0r wrote:
Good. Very good. Too bad I dislike steampunk.

That is too bad.

One more thing. The Electric Lamps currently have a bug which causes them to remain off when placed onto a powered block. I'm still trying to work out how to fix this.

EDIT: Fixed it by forcing the Lamp to update when it's placed.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Latest Update!

We have a new ore block! What could it be?

It's Brimstone! Did you guess that? Did you?

Brimstone can be smelted to make Sulphur, which will be used in the crafting of many chemical products.

Currently, Brimstone is the same rarity as Iron, and can be found at the same level, however, it requires at least an Iron Pickaxe to successfully mine it, and it is reasonably strong.
Back to top Go down
mr_meowmeow
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Download link? i don't care if it's done

EDIT: YOU HAXORZ! I SAW DIAMOND ORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:30 pm

I had an inventory editor so I could more easily test the substances. Unfortunately, since these new ores use new ID values, I could not input them straight into my inventory, and needed to mine them legitimately, hence the Diamond stuff. The Ore was to test the new effect of breaking it (drops several diamonds instead of just one).

Also, this is really far from done, and is very buggy at the moment, not to mention the fact that it contains several unfinished blocks. I'm going to do a little more before I release it.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:50 pm

HEY GUYS, WHO'S READY FOR AN UPDATE?

Today is quite a large update, but by no means all I've been working on.

At the bottom is Brimstone, on the right is the newly-textured Bornite, but what's that one in the middle...

It's Phosphate Ore!

Phosphate Ore can be smelted to make, yup, you guessed it, Phosphorus!

Phosphorus has a very special quality in that it can be used to make torches!

These are no ordinary torches, though. These are 20% brighter than normal!

And what's this? A NEW TOOL?

Yup. The Drill. An all-purpose digging machine. It acts in a very similar way to the pickaxe, but everything is mined twice as fast. It also has the ability to dig quickly through Dirt, Sand and Gravel, AND it can do extra damage on top of that! Are there any downsides?!?

Well, yes. There are. First off, it is expensive to produce, requiring 6 ingots rather than the normal 3. Secondly, being a machine of pure power and force, it doesn't have the DELICACY to successfully mine some of the more precious ores, so try to avoid Bornite, Lapis Lazuli, Gold and Diamond when mining with the Drill.
Back to top Go down
mr_meowmeow
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:23 am

Nice! looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Dragon
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:45 pm

This is looking pretty damn cool.

Only criticism is that some things (mainly light bulbs and lamps) have a few to many of the rarer things, like iron. Not quite sure how you could get around it though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
Level: 1
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:09 pm

I less than three this. I love what you've got here. As it is, Minecraft doesn't have enough fancy objects. We need more, more I say! Can't wait 'till you finish this!

Question, however. What's the difference between a Powered Lamp with Copper Wire than a Redstone Torch with Redstone Circutry?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stones
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Alas my minecraft days have virtually ended. But I still appreciate how amazing these look. Grats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:53 am

Copper Wire replaces Redstone Circuitry. The Electric Lamp is different in 2 ways from a Redstone Torch, though.

1. It is far brighter, providing actually substantial lighting.
2. It does not power other circuitry.

As for a lot of stuff being made of rarer materials, there is an easy fix for that:

Make it more common.

Which I have done. Iron is now more common than coal, but any coal vein will get you a LOT of coal.
Back to top Go down
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:39 pm

I like these hacks. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamieMin0r
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Stones wrote:
Alas my minecraft days have virtually ended. But I still appreciate how amazing these look. Grats.

Why? D:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damnedphysics.aforumfree.com
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:45 pm

UPDATE!

First of all, I'd like to introduce you all to the logo for this mod!

Now for the new stuff!

First of all, lets take a look at Obsidian.

Apart from being pretty strong, and making portals to the Nether (which don't work in MP anyway), Obsidian is pretty useless. Or, was. It's not any more.

Obsidian can be crafted into Obsidian Slate. One block produces 2 sets of Slate. The blocks can be re-crafted, but it will take 9 pieces of Slate, so think carefully before you craft your blocks!

These Slates can be crafted into new tools and weapons! You may notice that Obsidian tools look slightly different to other materials. They are far more powerful than Diamond, but only last a little longer than Iron tools. They are, however, still valuable.

And this is why. This is, yup, you guessed it, a new Ore! It's called Volucite, and it can only be mined by Obsidian tools.

If you do happen to have Obsidian tools on you, Volucite will unleash a very rare, magical gemstone: Etherium. Only one will drop from each block, so getting many of these is pretty difficult. But oh boy is it rewarding.

Etherium can be crafted into tools. These aren't just normal tools, though. Move over Diamond, these bad boys are twice the strength! Added to this, unlike normal tools, Etherium tools WILL NOT WEAR DOWN. You can use these things as much as you like, and they will never break.

Etherium can also be made into armour (as can Obsidian) and Volucite Blocks. Etherium Armour, like the tools, will not ever break. Volucite Blocks are tough as nails, and have the same explosion resistance as Bedrock!

Etherium has many other uses as well. It's magical properties make it valuable in many areas. Where exactly? Well, you'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Oh my God, this just keeps getting better and better. Hoeloe, I'm downloading this AS SOON as it's released. I expect you to post it here first. :3

This kind of stuff doesn't at all seem out of the ordinary. These things are good ol' additions to the Minecraft game, which I love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spud Nuggits
Novice
Novice

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:22 pm

That...

is.....

AMAZING FINISH THIS MOD SO I CAN HUG CREEPERS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:59 pm

ModLoader crashes my Minecraft everytime. Apparently, the problem was me using J-Zip first, but I changed it to 7-Zip AND WinRar and still no luck. D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:37 am

You may be happy to know, in that case, that I'm not using ModLoader. This is all straight-up code editing.
Back to top Go down
mr_meowmeow
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:29 am

Ok, you NEED to give us a download soon. This is WAYY to amzing to just watch for updates

1.5, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:50 am

Hoeloe wrote:
You may be happy to know, in that case, that I'm not using ModLoader. This is all straight-up code editing.
Dude, my balls just exploded with semen.

You're the greatest!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:55 am

mr_meowmeow wrote:
Ok, you NEED to give us a download soon. This is WAYY to amzing to just watch for updates

1.5, perhaps?

Just a couple more things and I'll hopefully be able to release an Alpha.
Back to top Go down
mr_meowmeow
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
mr_meowmeow wrote:

1.5, perhaps?

Just a couple more things and I'll hopefully be able to release an Alpha.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :D ^-^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Notice the hopefully. I'm having a LITTLE trouble with the obfuscating tool, which is causing the game to crash when I load a world.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Redeemer
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Since an Alpha release should be VERY soon, I'm going to leave you with one tantalising screenshot:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]   

Back to top Go down

Proloe's Steamcraft Mod! [v0.1 RELEASED FOR 1.5_01]
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next