Share | 

Just found something that pisses me off

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JamieMin0r
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

PostSubject: Just found something that pisses me off   Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:24 pm

On Facebook, there are many 'likes' which I'd like to 'dislike'. They're dumb, made by idiots, and promoted by idiots.

Quote :
to the sexcist dick who wrote this;
'If a girl leans towards you, headbut her.
If a girls hand is free, get her to hold your bag.
If your girl logs off, demand the bitch texts you.
And if shes upset, tell her to grow a set of balls.
If her hands are free ask her for a sandwich,'
- good luck getting a girlfriend, tosser

Problems with this:

1. Sexcist. With spelling like that, it'd make you think women are as dumb as fuck.
2. It's a joke. Nobody really treats women like this (except me :3) and then brags about it on Facebook. Either they keep it secret, or lie.
3. What the girl doesn't realise is that tossers tend to get girlfriends. I bet, if she were to meet him in real life, they'd have horrible children in a year's time, because they'd be too stupid to use contraception.

Quote :
To Whoever wrote:
"I don't understand the problem with calling someone from Pakistan a Paki.
It's just like calling an Australian an Aussie, a Scotmans a Scot, or a Frenchman a Cunt"
Thats like saying, i dont understand the problem with calling a black man a nigger/negro. Thats like saying, i dont understand the problem with calling a white man a pikey. Now do you understand?

See, the problem with this is, he's just being stupid.

British - Brit
Australian - Aussie
Scotsman - Scot

All of those are understandable, and so should Paki. Why isn't it? Because once again, double standard. Pakis do not like being called Pakis because they are pakis. If they aren't then, I understand. Usually, though, a guy from Pakistan takes offence at being called a Paki. From now on, I'll just call them terrorist assholes, because it seems they don't like being called something truthful.

Then the reply was atrocious:

Black - Nigger
White man - Pikey

-_-

And my favourite...

Quote :
Dear Parents,
I stay up late, fall out with friends, have a messy room, literally LIVE on my lap-top, I'm lazy, and I'm ALWAYS texting. Though mum, dad, I'm NOT the only teenager that acts like that. I am just a TYPICAL teenager. So don't think your doing anything wrong, because your not. To be honest, if I WASN'T doing any of these, things, THEN you should be worried.
Sincerely,
Teenagers everywhere.

NO. Just NO.

It isn't alright to do these things. No. Staying up late I get, that's your choice. The rest though, is bad. Having a messy room shows that you're both lazy and dis-organised, which are bad traits for later life. Being on your laptop all day shows that you cannot prioritize correctly. Texting 24/7 when it is just as easy to use the internet to communicate, which is a whole lot cheaper, or to actually talk to somone on the phone where it's more personal, is just idiotic. Texting is the dumbest thing I've seen, it's just like Twitter, but on the go.

OH WAIT. YOU CAN USE TWITTER ON THE GO.

Seriously.

Teenagers, you're a result of a rebellion that happened 50 years ago, a rebellion you now laugh at, and call stupid. Congratulations on that.

So no, it's not right to do that, you just feel that it is because others do it. I stay up late, and I'm on my laptop a lot, but I realise that it's bad, and that I shouldn't do it. I realise that I must break this habit and fast. Others don't seem to. Teenagers should stop being so fucking retarded, and realise that their attitudes suck balls, and that defending it is the most idiotic thing ever.

More later.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damnedphysics.aforumfree.com
Stones
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

PostSubject: Re: Just found something that pisses me off   Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:53 pm

This post confuses me, but what I will say is texting is hugely important to my social life. Communicating through the internet simply isn't an option for me because it requires me to be sitting at one, which only happens when I have homework. I either see people at school or at getogethers, and the ONLY way for me to find out about a party is for one of my friends to text me and say "hey, get over to ____'s house", because you never hear about one until its just about to happen. In my area, everything gets planned through texting. Everyone has their phone on them, so when someone hears about something they can throw out a mass text, instead of phoning me, and me probably not answering.

Meh, without a cell all I'd do is homework.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamieMin0r
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

PostSubject: Re: Just found something that pisses me off   Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:06 pm

I did try and post a reply saying the texting part is highly opinionated.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Zapzap09
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Character sheet
Name:
Level: 1
EP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Just found something that pisses me off   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Stones wrote:
This post confuses me.
This. I honestly can't tell what side you're on, only that you're making up points. :)

But I will say this.

Women should be treated with the same amount of respect as a man, but that doesn't mean that the Sandwich jokes should be taken personally. I mean, it's not like women don't say these kinds of things to men. Like you said in your next example, there are double standards. I don't like it when it happens to me, but it's okay to do it to you. If both parties can accept each-other's insults as friendly jokes, things would be okay. It starts turning for the worse when one party starts using these too seriously, or in turn starts taking these too seriously.

Also, there is a HUGE difference between calling somebody a Nigger or calling someone a Paki. Paki isn't a derogatory term, it's an abbreviation of the countries name. As is Scotsman, Aussie, Brit, and even Canuck. However, calling someone a nigger is basically an insult. It's saying, "Hey, I'm judging you because of your skin colour, something you don't have a control over." Not only is this extremely uncivil and barbaric, but it's just plain dumb. When people start choosing their races, you can start using negative wording to other cultures. Until then, shut the fuck up. That being said, I still say the word as a form of swear. Because of my extremely dirty mouth, I'll look for any swear I could get. It's an equivalent of fuck, if you will.

Lastly, the teenager thing-a-ma-bobber. In a way, I see texting as a problem. However, unless it's taken to an extreme, I wouldn't judge. Now, me and you, Jamie, live two very different lives. I'm a city boy, you're a rural boy. In my life, people walk around with their phones no matter what. It's like seeing somebody walking around without shoes. It's completely random to see somebody who doesn't have a phone on their possession. Why is this? Well, in the city, things happen. Safety is a huge one, that's for sure. But for texting, it's a whole other issue. If I'm hanging out with a friend and she's sitting on her ass texting her other friend from across the city, yeah, I'll get pissed. It's basically saying; hey, you're uninteresting. I'm going to talk to someone else. That, and when there are family get-togethers. Communicating with your internet buddies while you should be spending time with your family is a problem, and nothing anyone says changes my mind.

/rant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stones
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

PostSubject: Re: Just found something that pisses me off   Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Basically it boils down to, if your putting your phone in a plastic bag to take it in the shower... there's a problem, but if your letting your friends know about time-sensitive stuff it's sooo important. And there's things that can't wait until the next day.

Also, I've always thought of Paki as a derogatory term because of the tone it's used with. I think "Scot" and "Paki" are used with different terms. I hear a lot of "there was this Paki guy", when his colour isn't relevant to the story. No one ever adds a nationality in unless it's relevant. I always say middle eastern or south-west asian. Who cares about my accuracy anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamieMin0r
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

PostSubject: Re: Just found something that pisses me off   Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:04 pm

The only problem with Paki is that it's used for any middle eastern person. I don't think a person from Pakistan should get offended, though others should.

Also, I thought that's what Facebook was trying to do?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just found something that pisses me off   

Back to top Go down

Just found something that pisses me off
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Damned Physics :: Off Topic :: The Black Hole-
Jump to: